The U-M Office of Financial Aid has two office locations:
• MAIN OFFICE AND MAILING ADDRESS
Office of Financial Aid
University of Michigan
2500 Student Activities Building
515 E. Jefferson Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1316
Phone: (734) 763-6600
(From campus phone: 3-6600)
Fax: (734) 647-3081
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor Office Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please note: Services are limited from 4:30-5 p.m.
The Office of Financial Aid Main Office is on Central Campus in the Student Activities Building/Huetwell Visitors Center (on the corner of East Jefferson and Maynard streets).
• NORTH CAMPUS OFFICE:
B430 Pierpont Commons
The North Campus phone number, fax number, and email address are the same as the Main Office.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
Wednesday: 1-4:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 1:30-5 p.m.
The Office of Financial Aid North Campus is in the basement of the Pierpont Commons Building.
When corresponding with us: The Office of Financial Aid staff sometimes requests student and family financial information as part of our application review process. We accept this in several ways: At our office in person, via facsimile, or as an email attachment in a PDF, JPG or TIFF format. If you have a Microsoft Office document (Word, Excel, etc.) please convert it to an Adobe PDF before sending. When sending information electronically, please take care that your full Social Security number is not transmitted for your safety and security. Show ONLY the last four digits when submitting tax returns or other required documents. Cross out and conceal other portions of this identifier. Email transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure. We suggest that you also take this precaution when faxing to our office. When contacting us, always include your UMID.
Note about email attachments – Total message size for an individual email to our office cannot exceed 25 MB (this includes all attachments). If your documents are larger, please reduce your file size or separate your documents and send them to us in multiple emails. Documents may also be brought into our office, faxed or mailed.
About your security: U-M Office of Financial Aid staff will never call to ask you for personal information such as Social Security numbers or ask you to wire money, make a deposit or share personal information such as bank account and credit card numbers. If you have suspicions, obtain the name of the caller, hang up and call our office at 734-763-6600.
• FINANCIAL AID COUNSELING AND ADVISING SERVICES
- Please provide your 8-digit UMID when calling, emailing or visiting our office.
- Walk-ins are welcome - no appointments necessary!
- We will answer your questions by phone or email within 48 hours on weekdays.
- If you have special circumstances and are working with a particular counselor, call and ask when he/she is available for walk-in counseling or ask to leave the counselor a voice mail message. You may also contact the counselor by email.
- U-M students can use Wolverine Access to track items such as when aid application materials have been received, details about your financial aid awards, and when aid disbursements have been made. You may also change your address and see a summary of how much you owe in student loans.
• OFA STAFF DIRECTORY
(return to top of page)