| FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS
• NEW AND PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
• CURRENT/CONTINUING STUDENTS
2013 Spring-Summer forms
• FINANCIAL AID VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS
Complete and submit the following documents ONLY if requested by the Office of Financial Aid:
| LOAN APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
• SMART BORROWING PROGRAM
Beginning with the 2013 Spring/Summer terms, initial financial aid offers for some undergraduates will not include Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loans, although these loans will be available to eligible students through a new process. Graduate and professional-level students will continue to be awarded unsubsidized loans in their aid package. For federal loan borowing limits, visit www.finaid.umich.edu/FederalLoans#borrowing.
- If you are an undergraduate registering for Spring/Summer terms and wish to borrow under the federal Direct Loan program, complete a Smart Borrowing form. You will also be required to meet with an aid officer:
Smart Borrowing form for Spring or Summer 2013
- If you are an undergraduate that was not awarded an Unsubsidized Federal Direct Loan for Fall/Winter and want to request one, complete a Smart Borrowing form:
Smart Borrowing form for Fall/Winter 2013-2014
• ALTERNATIVE LOANS
Note: Because credit reports are only valid for 90 days and we process PLUS Loan applications in July, we wait until mid-May each year to accept PLUS applications. Contact our office to receive a paper version of the PLUS Loan application. For more details, visit our PLUS loans page.
Forms and information about the U-M Child Care Subsidy program can be found on our Students with Child Care Expenses page.
|MISCELLANEOUS FORMS & OTHER INFORMATION
(return to top of page)
• FEDERAL PLUS AND PRIVATE LOAN FORMS