Wolverine Access is a quick, convenient way for current and prospective University of Michigan students to access password-protected personal University information, including financial aid documents, award notices and student account statements. This page shows you how to access the system and your financial information as well as how to give your parent(s)/family access to your information.
Internet Explorer is the preferred browser. If you are using a non-Explorer browser and need technical assistance, please call U-M Information and Technology Services at 734-764-4357.
|LOGGING IN TO WOLVERINE ACCESS
• NEW & PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
To view personal information on Wolverine Access (such as admissions application status or financial aid awards and documents) visit
Select the "Students" tab at the top of the Home page and then choose New & Prospective Student Business.
On the authentication page, you will need a Friend (or guest) Account ID or a U-M uniqname to log in. To get a Friend Account ID, select create one now on the authentication page. On the next page, select Others and follow the directions to set up your Friend Account.
You will need your University of Michigan ID (UMID), which was included with your admissions packet. When you log in for the first time using your Friend Account ID, enter your UMID and birth date. Then sign out and log in again. For more about the Friend Account, visit U-M's Information Technology website.
• CURRENT STUDENTS
Go to https://wolverineaccess.umich.edu > Students tab > Student Business. Enter your uniqname and UMICH password to access your personal information and records.
|VIEWING FINANCIAL AID (AND OTHER) INFORMATION
After you log in, you will arrive at your New & Prospective Student Center, where you can see the following financial information:
- Financial Aid Document Status:
See what documents you have submitted and what other documents are needed to complete your financial aid application for a given year.*
- Financial Aid Award Summary:
View the financial aid awards you have received for the coming year.*
- Financial Aid Award Notices:
View and print your financial award notice (or estimated award notice).* You can also save a copy of the award notice file for emailing or printing.
- Accept/Decline Financial Aid:
Select this option to accept, decline, or reduce aid that you have received for a given year.
- Report Additional Aid Select this option to report other awards (such as private scholarships) that aren't listed on your award notice or to inform us that you are not enrolling for a given term.
- Financial Planning Calculators:
See an estimate of your university bill and/or find out how much alternative loan or PLUS Loan you are eligible to receive.*
*Parents and others with Friend Accounts can also view this information (see Authorizing a Friend Account for Your Parent/Family below).
Log in and select Student Center. Under Finances:
Select Financial Aid > Aid Year to view the following Financial Aid Information:
- My FA Status: Identifies financial aid pages that may need your attention.
- Documents/Review: Lets you know the status of your aid application documents.
- Awards: If you have been awarded financial aid, links are available here to view/print your award notice and award summary, to accept/decline or reduce your aid, and to report additional aid.
- Loans: Lists your current loans and loan history and explains how to electronically sign Master Promissory Notes.
- Work-Study: Allows you to track Work-Study earnings
- Report Non-Enrollment: Enables you to report electronically that you will not be enrolled.
Select Account Inquiry to view the following information about your Student Account:
- Charges Due: Provides a summary (by due date) of charges you owe and links to individual invoices. Provides a link for paying your account charges. See Student Financial Services for more information.
- Account History: Provides a chronological history of activity on your account. Includes your account balance.
- Account Activity: Displays charges/payments posted to your account.
- Payments: Displays payments posted to your account, including disbursed financial aid.
- Pending Aid: Displays anticipated financial aid disbursements, if aid is projected to be paid.
(return to top of page)
Authorize a Friend (guest) Account ID for your parents or family by using the Parent/Family Authorization feature of Wolverine Access. Authorizing a Friend Account grants them access to your personal university information on Wolverine Access, including your financial aid award notice and other aid forms/documents. You may also authorize Friends to view your student account electronic billing statement. To create a Friend Account:
Select Parent/Family Authorization from Wolverine Access.
Enter your parent's email address and select the appropriate checkboxes: My Financial Aid Data authorizes access to financial aid information and My Student Account Data authorizes access to billing information. You may also select other options so your parents/others can receive financial aid news, housing news, etc.
You may enter up to four email addresses for Friend accounts.
Save your selections. Within 24 hours of authorizing access, Friends will receive an email notifying them how to set up their Friend Account. For more information, visit the U-M Information Technology website. Authorized Friend Account holders can view your information by selecting "My Student's Information" under "Parents & Family".
Use Wolverine Access to change addresses, phone numbers and emails you have on file with the university. Make your choice from the Personal Information section. Remember that:
- E-mail is the primary way that the U-M Office of Financial Aid communicates with you, so keep your email current.
- For current U-M students, we send email only to umich email addresses, so manage your email box to ensure that important messages will not be bounced or rejected.