• Renewing Your Aid
Continuing students must reapply for financial aid each year by completing a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). During each Winter term, you will receive an email from the Office of Financial Aid reminding you to reapply. It is likely that you will receive similar financial aid packages throughout your degree program if the following conditions remain constant from one year to the next:
- None of your awards are limited to one year
- Your family's financial situation remains similar year-to-year. Dramatic changes in income, marital status, or number of family members, or a change in the number of siblings enrolled in college will affect your eligibility for aid
- Federal, institutional and state financial aid program funding remains similar
- You submit the appropriate application materials by the required deadlines.
- You report accurate information including income and assets on your financial aid application(s).
- You continue to meet the enrollment level and Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
Continuing Student Timeline:
- Apply for scholarships from private sources such as banks and churches, local companies and organizations, and special interest organizations. See Private Scholarships for more information and listings.
To apply for aid for the next academic year (Fall and Winter terms):
To apply for aid for Spring and/or Summer terms of the current year:
- Complete a Spring/Summer Request for Funds (RFF) or a Study Abroad Financial Aid Request. See Current Undergraduates under "How to Apply for Aid" for more information and links to the RFF or navigate to the forms page. Generally the application deadline is in March.
- If you are studying abroad, you will complete a Study Abroad Financial Aid Request and not an Request for Funds form. See this web page for study abroad information.
- Our office must receive your processed FAFSA from the federal processor by April 30 in order to consider you for all aid programs (allow three to four weeks for processing).
- Check Wolverine Access to see if you need to submit additional application documents.
- If we request additional application items for verification purposes, we must receive them from you by June 1 to consider you for all aid programs.
- Complete loan promissory notes (if applicable). You will receive emails with directions.
- Financial aid award notification begins in May, once all application information is received in our office.
- Students receive Fall Term bills.
- Students receive Fall Term financial aid.