• How to Apply for Aid
If you need financial assistance to attend the University of Michigan, we encourage you to apply for financial aid by the deadline dates listed on this website. To find out how, follow the drop-down links on the How to Apply for Aid menu above (or click on a link in the menu at right), which address specific situations for prospective students, undergraduate and graduate students, those transferring from another college and other special situations. You may apply for aid before you are admitted or enroll.
Below is a playlist of videos produced by U.S. Department of Education's office of Federal Student Aid, featuring college students explaining how they paid for their college education. Watch one or all of them to get tips for applying for assistance for your college career.
|TIPS FOR A SMOOTH APPLICATION PROCESS
- Apply early, read information sent to you, and respond quickly to requests for additional documents. Apply by the application deadlines to be considered for all aid programs.
- Keep copies of your applications and materials in a file with other important papers.
- U-M sends all important information via email, so read emails regularly. You may request information by regular mail, but you must contact us each time there is something you need.
- After you are admitted and have a username and password for Wolverine Access, use it to:
• Keep current (local) and permanent contact information up-to-date.
• Keep track of submitted documents and financial aid disbursements.
- If you have questions, send us an email, call, or visit OFA to talk with a financial aid administrator. Click here for office hours and location.